Bishop Todd Fetters shared with us this Sunday as we prepare for our new pastor, Jason Carter.
PRAYING FOR YOUR PASTORS
Seven Requests | Seven Days
1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
A Prayer Principle
• ______________________ intercession is effective intercession.
I. Inside the Mind of the Pastor
• H________________________ (1 Timothy 1:12)
• U_________________________ (1 Peter 5:2-4)
• E______________ T__________ (1 Peter 5:8)
• D______________ P__________ (Ephesians 6:18-19)
II. Inside the Heart of the Pastor
• Day 1: That your pastors would be honored, affirmed, and respected.
• Day 2: That your pastors would be protected from focused attacks by Satan, stay far from sin, and walk in obedience to God’s Word.
• Day 3: That God would give your pastors wisdom, patience, perseverance, and grace in facing people-issues, and that those they lead would be loyal, understanding, and supportive.
• Day 4: That your pastors’ marriages and families would be God-pleasing and wise.
• Day 5: That your pastors, in preparation for teaching God’s Word, would listen to God’s voice, protect their time for study, be kept from theological error, personally apply the truth, and be filled with God’s Spirit.
• Day 6: That your pastors would consistently practice spiritual disciplines.
• Day 7: That your pastors would be zealous for the church and compelling in promoting its mission.