From its very beginning, College Park has been concerned about the world as well as the community. More than 50 CP people have served in missions, starting with CP’s very first pastor. Our global ministries mission statement and focus statements emphasize our cross cultural and global focus, involvement of various age groups, and partnership.
The mission of College Park Global Ministries is to glorify God by promoting and supporting evangelism and discipleship throughout the world, focusing on cultures not normally reached by College Park ministries. To accomplish this mission, College Park Global Ministries will:
- Raise awareness of God’s global focus among all age groups and ministries in College Park Church, emphasizing the expectation of personal involvement.
- Support persons serving God cross-culturally, encouraging and supporting financially, emotionally, socially, and prayerfully.
- Be a resource and advocate for persons desiring to serve God in cross-cultural settings, regardless of anticipated length of service.
- Partner with other groups working cross-culturally, particularly, but not exclusively, focusing on United Brethren efforts.
- Each summer, CP youth and adults participate in a variety of short-term missions trips.
We also support missionaries on five continents.
For more information about the international ministry of College Park Church, contact the church office or Dawn Chesterman at (260) 224-8130.