Children’s Ministry (CP Kids)
Sunday Mornings: All children participating in activities on Sunday morning are asked to use the check-in system located in the nursery area (FLC hallway) upon arrival. We offer
- Nurseries: Birth – 2 years old. The Nurseries are open from 8:15 am – 12:15 pm
- Sunday School – 9:45-10:45am for all ages: Newborn through 5th grade
- Children’s Worship – 8:30 & 11:00 am. Age 3 through 3rd grade. Children are dismissed from the sanctuary before the sermon.
Sunday Evening 4th and 5th Grade Program – G.R.O.W. (God Receives Our Worship): All 4th and 5th graders are invited to be part of our weekly Sunday evening, pre-youth group program. We meet in Room N5 from 6-7:30pm.
College Park’s Children’s Ministry desires to help children develop a “forever faith” in Jesus. By Connecting with, supporting, and encouraging parents in their God-given role as the spiritual leaders of their children. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Ephesians 6:4)
We accomplish our mission through these means:
The Gospel Project. The curriculum provides a Bible learning experience where participants learn how Christ fits into the entire Gospel Story; Pre-creation to eternity.
Watch this video for more information about Gospel Project
- Faith Path – Resources: Guiding your child’s spiritual journey one step at a time
(more information below)
- Prayer Cards: Each child is partnered with an adult in the congregation who daily lifts the child in prayer
- Monthly Family Events: The children’s ministry hosts monthly family events for any families at CP church to join. (Events we have done in the past have included bowling, roller skating, luncheons, and Fall festivals.)
- Sunday School: 1- year-olds through 5th grade at 9:45 a.m.
- Wee Worship:Preschool aged children (3-5yrs) are dismissed from both services.
- Kids Church: Children grades K-3rd grade are dismissed from both services
- Nursery: Loving volunteers are available to care for your children from birth to 2 years-old each Sunday during both worship services and the Sunday School hour. Nursery is open from 8:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Camp Cotubic Church Camp
Faith Path suggests a focus of specific practices and milestones at certain ages. However, you know your child best and can determine the most appropriate time to emphasize each step. College Park is dedicated to providing the resources to assist families in providing intentional conversations in the home.
- Parent Dedication (Birth – 2 years) Make a commitment to raise your child in a Christ-centered home.
- Blessing (Ages 3+) Establish the practice of praying for and giving a blessing to your child on a routine basis.
- Family Time (Ages 4+) Establish the practice of connecting as a family while passing spiritual truths to your child.
- Prepare to Lead Your Child to Christ (age will vary – 5+) Learn how to lead your child to Christ. Although it may be several years before your child expresses an interest in becoming a Christian, now is the time for you to prepare for those discussions.
- Prayer (ages 6+) Teach your child about prayer and establish the practice of praying as a family.
- Bible (ages 7+) Teach your child about God’s Word and establish the practice of reading and memorizing scripture as a family.
- Worship (ages 8+) Establish the practice of adoring God personally, at home, at church and as a lifestyle.
- Giving and Serving (ages 9+) Establish the practice of giving and serving others for God’s glory.
- Salvation & Baptism (age will vary) When your child trusts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, create a time of celebration and guide your child into believer’s baptism.
- Prayer Cards Members of the congregation commit to praying for individual children daily.
Please contact the church office to enroll your child in the prayer card ministry and Faith Path Resources. We are thrilled to have you worship with us. May God Bless your family!