The Fellowship of the Holy Spirit 2 Corinthians 13:14
“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ…”
Grace (Grk: “charis”) = unmerited favor.
How has Jesus Christ demonstrated His grace to you?
“…and the love of God…”
Love (Grk: “agape”) = To regard with affection. Wanting and acting toward the ultimate good of those loved.
1 Corinthians 13, John 3:16
In what ways has God shown you His love?
“…and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
Fellowship (Grk: “koinonia”) = communion, partnership, close association
Who is the Holy Spirit?
John 15:26-16:15, Isaiah 11:2, 2 Corinthians 3:17-18
• Romans 1:4 – Spirit of holiness
• Romans 8:2 – Spirit gives life (only God can bring life)
• Romans 8:15 – Spirit brought about your adoption as a son/daughter of God
• Ephesians 1:17 – Spirit of wisdom and revelation, which helps us to know God.
• Hebrews 10:29 – Spirit of grace
• 1 Peter 1:2 – Spirit does the sanctifying work in our lives.
• 2 Peter 1:21 – The Spirit carried or spoke through the prophets as they penned the Scriptures.
What are some of the most stunning things that the Holy Spirit brings into our lives? In what area of your life do you feel the most need for the Holy Spirit’s presence or help right now?