Pictured above is the 2015 Winter Upward League
UPWARD SPORTS PROVIDES THE BEST SPORTS EXPERIENCE FOR EVERY CHILD!
Basketball and Cheerleading Leagues for Kindergarten through 8th grade boys and girls!
Important dates for the 2016/17 Winter League!
Sign up/evaluations: Saturdays, November 26 and December 3, 2016 from 9:00 am to Noon at College Park Family Life Center (1945 College Ave)
Coach/Referee Training: Saturday, December 10, 2016 at College Park
Practices: Start the week of January 2, 2017
Basketball Clinic: Saturday, January 14, 2017
Game Dates: Saturdays, January 21- March 11, 2017
Awards Program: Sunday, March 12, 2017
Upward 2017 registration form coming soon!
Updated information is also posted on our Facebook page HUNTINGTONUPWARDSPORTS.
College Park Church serves as the host for the UPWARD Basketball and Cheerleading for all boys and girls from Kindergarten through 8th grade. We scheduled registration and signups in November this coming year. Practice and games start early January and run through mid-March.
UPWARD BASKETBALL AND CHEERLEADING PROVIDES A FUN ENVIRONMENT BUILT AROUND HEALTHY COMPETITION FOR KIDS, TEACHING SKILLS FOR THE SPORT
ARENA AND VALUES FOR LIFE.
COMPETITIVE SPORT ENVIRONMENT
- Upward Basketball offers competitive games through balanced talent on each team. Upward Cheerleading gives children the opportunity to learn a sport and be part of the action.
- Upward Basketball’s unique substitution system is designed to provide every child equal playing time, along with competing against an equally matched opponent.
- Upward Cheerleading’s spirit squad format is designed to provide an exciting team based experience.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading provide every participant with quality game uniforms to look like a “pro” as well as other gear to help build team spirit.
- Upward Basketball equips children with the athletic skills needed to participate at the next level.
- Upward Cheerleading provides the fundamentals that cheer squads everywhere need to succeed.
- Each player and cheerleader will enjoy an exciting game-time experience that improves skills and builds healthy self-confidence.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading coaches stress values – such as sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity and respect.
FUN FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
- With supportive coaches and a positive sports environment, Upward Basketball and Cheerleading are designed to bring out “the winner” in every child, and the true spirit of the game both in playing and cheering.
- Players receive special recognition after every game and an award at the end of the season.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading is a fun and family friendly league, limiting the time commitment to one practice and one game per week, avoiding parent and player burnout.
- You will want to join your friends – and make new ones as well.
- Parents want to take part in the fun? If you are interested in becoming a coach or referee, we require an completed application and attendance at one of two training sessions held prior to the start of the season. Dates for training are listed above. Link for Coach/Referee/Assistant Coach application
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT UPWARD SPORTS, VISIT WWW.UPWARD.ORG/PARENTS
Questions? Contact Upward director, Gary Mast at 260-519-2489 or via email at email@example.com or the church office 260-356-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.