UPWARD SPORTS PROVIDES THE BEST SPORTS EXPERIENCE FOR EVERY CHILD!
Basketball and Cheerleading Leagues
Important dates for the 2016 Winter League!
Sign up/evaluations: Saturdays, November 21 and 28 from 9:00 am to Noon at College Park Family Life Center (1945 College Ave)
Coach/Referee Training: Saturday, December 12 at College Park
Practices: Start the week of January 4th
Basketball Clinic: Saturday, January 9th
Game Dates: Saturdays, January 16 – March 7
Awards Program: Sunday, March 8
Updated information is also posted on our Facebook page
College Park Church serves as the host for the UPWARD Basketball and Cheerleading for all boys and girls from Kindergarten through 8th grade. We scheduled registration and signups in November this coming year. Practice and games start early January and run through mid-March.
UPWARD BASKETBALL AND CHEERLEADING PROVIDES A FUN ENVIRONMENT BUILT AROUND HEALTHY COMPETITION FOR KIDS, TEACHING SKILLS FOR THE SPORT
ARENA AND VALUES FOR LIFE.
COMPETITIVE SPORT ENVIRONMENT
- Upward Basketball offers competitive games through balanced talent on each team. Upward Cheerleading gives children the opportunity to learn a sport and be part of the action.
- Upward Basketball’s unique substitution system is designed to provide every child equal playing time, along with competing against an equally matched opponent.
- Upward Cheerleading’s spirit squad format is designed to provide an exciting team based experience.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading provide every participant with quality game uniforms to look like a “pro” as well as other gear to help build team spirit.
- Upward Basketball equips children with the athletic skills needed to participate at the next level.
- Upward Cheerleading provides the fundamentals that cheer squads everywhere need to succeed.
- Each player and cheerleader will enjoy an exciting game-time experience that improves skills and builds healthy self-confidence.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading coaches stress values – such as sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity and respect.
FUN FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
- With supportive coaches and a positive sports environment, Upward Basketball and Cheerleading are designed to bring out “the winner” in every child, and the true spirit of the game both in playing and cheering.
- Players receive special recognition after every game and an award at the end of the season.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading is a fun and family friendly league, limiting the time commitment to one practice and one game per week, avoiding parent and player burnout.
- You will want to join your friends – and make new ones as well.
- Parents want to take part in the fun? If you are interested in becoming a coach or referee, we require an completed application and attendance at one of two training sessions held prior to the start of the season. Check back this fall when more information will be available.
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT UPWARD SPORTS, VISIT WWW.UPWARD.ORG/PARENTS
Contact the church office if you have any questions 260-356-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.