UPWARD SPORTS PROVIDES THE BEST SPORTS EXPERIENCE FOR EVERY CHILD!
Basketball and Cheerleading Leagues
College Park Church serves as the host for the UPWARD Basketball and Cheerleading for all boys and girls from Kindergarten through 7th grade. We schedule registration and signups in early December each year. Practice and games start early January and run through mid-March.
Dates for 2014 Season - Updated January 27, 2014
Sign up and evaluations: Saturdays, Dec. 7 & 14, 2013, 9 am and noon at College Park Church in the Family Life Center. You may come anytime between 9 am and noon. You will turn in or fill out your registration on that day and your child will be measured for their uniform and their skill set assessed.
Due to severe weather we have moved all the dates forward another week. The new
schedule is reflected below
Practices start: Week of January 13, 2014
Game dates: Saturday, February 2, 2014 through March 22, 2014
Awards Program: Sunday, March 23, 2014 at First Church of the Nazarene
UPWARD BASKETBALL AND CHEERLEADING PROVIDES A FUN ENVIRONMENT BUILT AROUND HEALTHY COMPETITION FOR KIDS, TEACHING SKILLS FOR THE SPORT
ARENA AND VALUES FOR LIFE.
COMPETITIVE SPORT ENVIRONMENT
- Upward Basketball offers competitive games through balanced talent on each team. Upward Cheerleading gives children the opportunity to learn a sport and be part of the action.
- Upward Basketball’s unique substitution system is designed to provide every child equal playing time, along with competing against an equally matched opponent.
- Upward Cheerleading’s spirit squad format is designed to provide an exciting team based experience.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading provide every participant with quality game uniforms to look like a “pro” as well as other gear to help build team spirit.
- Upward Basketball equips children with the athletic skills needed to participate at the next level.
- Upward Cheerleading provides the fundamentals that cheer squads everywhere need to succeed.
- Each player and cheerleader will enjoy an exciting game-time experience that improves skills and builds healthy self-confidence.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading coaches stress values – such as sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity and respect.
FUN FOR KIDS AND FAMILIES
- With supportive coaches and a positive sports environment, Upward Basketball and Cheerleading are designed to bring out “the winner” in every child, and the true spirit of the game both in playing and cheering.
- Players receive special recognition after every game and an award at the end of the season.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading is a fun and family friendly league, limiting the time commitment to one practice and one game per week, avoiding parent and player burnout.
- Download the 2014 Upward Registration here! Sign ups begin soon. You will want to join your friends – and make new ones as well.
- Parents want to take part in the fun? Download the 2014 Coach-Ref-Application and bring with you to one of the evaluation dates listed above.
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT UPWARD SPORTS, VISIT WWW.UPWARD.ORG/PARENTS
Contact the church office if you have any questions 260-356-2642 or email@example.com.