Seasons of the soul:
1. Fall is a time of ________________
2. Winter is a time of _________________
3. Spring is a time of ______ _________________
4. Summer is a time of _______________________
Remember, the Book of Ecclesiastes is about finding meaning and purpose in your life. It’s about finding ongoing satisfaction in the midst of all the changing seasons.
Follow up questions and applications:
What season are you in?
What is God wanting to teach you during the season you are in?
What do you need to move on from?
How do I find a blessed, satisfied, purposeful life?
A couple observations:
1. First, Jesus says, “I am asking for my followers to live beyond themselves.
2. Those who live beyond themselves will receive God’s sovereign blessing and favor; a sense of satisfaction and meaning.
Our motto: Walk into a room and look for “foot washing” opportunities.
Do we believe that?
The alternative: Solomon’s quest in Ecclesiastes 1,2.
So the reasonable question coming out of this: Is it possible that the created being should look to the creator for his/her purpose in life, and why we’re here? What exactly is God up to?
Serve the ______________ of God with all your heart this year.
Love people ___________ and selflessly.
Listen to _____________ as God guides you in the various parts of your life.
Display Christian _____________ even when no one is looking.
Walk into a room and look for “foot washing” opportunities.