Pastor Gary preached from Revelation 12:1–4, 10–12. He started our new sermon series called “Vantage Point.”
Christmas looks very different from a heavenly perspective than it does through our eyes on Earth. This vision of Christmas through heaven’s eyes gives us four insights we wouldn’t normally see.
From heaven’s perspective, the birth of Jesus was a declaration of war.
From heaven’s perspective, the birth of Jesus brought the world’s rightful ruler to Earth.
From heaven’s perspective, the birth of Jesus signaled an invitation to the human race.
From heaven’s perspective, Jesus has already overcome the power of sin.
Pastor Gary preached on “Investing in Futures.” This was the last sermon from our “Unfinished Business” sermon series.
What will I give my life to? With my limited time and my limited resources? Am I more of an investor when it comes to life or more of a spender?
Let’s look at the life of Barnabas, and consider why he invested his resources of time, gifts and finances.
Invest financially – Acts 4
Invest Courageously -Acts 9:26ff.
Invest in the Body (church) – Acts 11:22ff.
Invest wisely )the role God has called you to) – Acts 14
Invest humbly – Acts 14
The mission’s team from College Park led services on November 17th.
Pastor Gary preached from John 13, Philippians 2 and Ephesians 2. Gary ended his sermon a little early which gave opportunity for the congregation to check out ways to serve the Huntington Community. We had different agencies attend service and share about how we could get involved.
Pastor Gary continues the current sermon series on Unfinished Business and focuses on developing a heart for worship.
Gary preached small segments throughout the service. This weeks sermon doesn’t flow perfectly.
1. When I worship, it gets my attention off me. (Psalm 100:1-3)
2. When I worship it produces a spirit of gratitude in me. (Psalm 100:4)
3. When I worship my problems and my difficulties, my struggles lose their power to make me despair, to suck life out of me. (Habakkuk 3:17-18)
4. When I worship, it connects me to other people and we become bonded together in some way that no human activity can accomplish.
5. The best reason to worship is what worship does for somebody else.