On Saturday, April 23rd, we will be serving the community again through Operation Backyard / College Park from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Save the date as we work with agencies such as Habitat for Humanity, Community Gardens, Dream Center, Love INC, Huntington Parks Department, along with our own neighborhood family projects. Please let us know your interest on the sheets at the Welcome Center. For more information, please contact Holly Lutton.
Here is a list of the organizations we will be working with.
- Planting, tilling, raking – Family friendly
- Lawn clean up around the house – Family friendly
- Rearrange garage – adults or teens.
- Rearrange office desk and equipment – adults/older teens
- Adopt A Block community outreach day – family friendly
- The thrift store offers a place for- 2 cashiers – teens and up
- Donation Center sorting teams, store window cleaning, store painting, etc. – teens and up
- Cleaning up our outside play areas (raking leaves, pulling weeds- if there are any), washing windows on the building, planting flowers – Family Friendly
- Sunken Gardens Spruce up- flower beds, clean rock wall, weed, stain stairs – Family Friendly
- Plant a flower bed – family friendly
- Clean our food pantry, or help move things in to our new office – Teens and up
We have added an additional worship service for Easter weekend. We have three services Easter Sunday morning, 8:30 am, 9:45 am and 11:00 am. Sunday School classes will be able to meet during the 9:45 am time slot.
On Good Friday, please join us for a combined service with area UB churches at the HU Merillat Center for the Arts at 7:00 pm, March 25th. Childcare will be available for newborn through 2 year olds.
A luncheon for all ladies of the church! Invite your Mother, Daughter, Grandmother, Aunt, Neighbor, Friend, Co-worker, young and old alike.
The luncheon theme is The Secret Garden, scheduled for Saturday, March 19th at noon in the FLC. Cost $7.00. See Attached
Sign up at the table in the FLC, or call the church office at 260-356-2642
Stephen Ministry of College Park presents
The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s Disease
For College Park and Huntington County
Monday, March 14, from 6:30-800 pm
in the Family Life Center
This program is presented by Lori Stock of the Alzheimer’s Association, for anyone who would like to know more about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
This program’s information includes:
~ Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia.
~ How Alzheimer’s affects the brain.
~ Causes and risk factors
~ How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
~ The benefits of early detection.
~ How to address a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
~ Stages of the disease
~ Hope for the future
~ Ways the Alzheimer’s Association can help
There will be a time for questions and answers and also a personal story of caring for a loved one with the disease.
RSVP by signing up at the Welcome Center or call the church office at 260-356-2642.
Ladies mark your calendar – “The Secret Garden” Women’s Spring Luncheon for all ages March 19th, Saturday, noon. Secret Garden