- Sunday Morning DIG Groups: Meet in the Youth Center 9:45-10:45 am. Groups available for 6th grade, 7th-8th grade (girls and guys) and 9th–12th grade (girls and guys).
- Youth Group: Sunday night, 6:06-8:00 pm. This week we are talking about how to make life really count!
- Dodgeball Tournament:There is a potential for a Dodgeball Tournament at Lakeview UB Church on Saturday April 1st (7:00am -4:00pm). This is in the middle of Spring Break. If your child is interested and available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost $5 per person
- Wednesday night discipleship groups meet 6:30-7:30. If you are interested in digging deeper into what it means to apply your faith every day, email email@example.com.
- Laurel Mission Trip: (Middle School mission trip to Laurel KY): A week of work projects and leading VBS, showing Jesus to a community that needs Him alongside a healthy, established ministry. June 11-16. Cost $175.
- Applications are available in the youth room and are due March 1st with the $40 deposit.
- Mountain Top Trip: (Middle School and High School): A week of community building and spiritual growth through camping, outdoors activities, and a premier Christian music festival. June 25-July 2. Cost: between $250-$300.
- News and Updates: As sprint events and youth group approach, our text reminders can be helpful for meeting details, etc.! Interested in receiving them? It’s easy!
- Parents: Please text @cpyou to 81010.
- Students: Please text @caf8f to 81010.
- Prayer Support: Please text @cpyout to 81010.
Also, parents, if you are interested in our weekly e-newsletter, email Holly Lutton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated Feb. 16th, 2017
GriefShare is a free special weekly seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them.
GriefShare is a place where you can be around other people who understand how you may be feeling from the pain of your loss. At GriefShare, you’ll learn valuable information that will help you through this difficult time in your life.
It hurts to lose someone. Find help at GriefShare. Weekly seminars start Wednesday, February 22 and run through May 17, 2017 from 6:15-8:30 pm, in the church lounge. (Both north and south doors will be open and handicap accessible). GriefShare is open to the public.
Each of the 13 sessions is a stand alone session, meaning that you can join the group at any time. A $10 donation is recommended to help defray the cost of the Devotional Resource Book.
Contact the church office (260-356-2642) for more information
Family Mission Trip – A team of families from College Park Church (25 people) will be traveling during spring break to work together with United Brethren Churches in Nicaragua in reaching out to their community.
Why? We seek to be intentional about many things in our children’s lives. We particularly want to be intentional about our children’s spiritual lives. This trip provides an opportunity for our families to serve together, and to grow in our understanding of what it means for our family to be followers of Jesus Christ. It will also help our children understand the world is much bigger than Huntington, Indiana.
How you can help! SUNDAY, February 12th, the team will be doing a luncheon fundraiser after Sunday School and second service. It will be a baked potato bar, with pulled pork and sides. We hope you can participate. Each family is raising funds to participate.
Laundry Soap/Trash Bag Fundraiser: CPYouth is selling laundry detergent, dish soap, and trash bags as a fundraiser for summer mission trips. Through January, there is a table in the Commons for orders (please pay when you order- checks made out to College Park Church). Thank you so much for your support!
A couples game night will be held at the church on Saturday, January 21st from 6-9pm. If you would like to attend, please be sure to sign up ahead of time at the marriage table in the church Commons. There will be childcare available for a free-will donation, so be sure to list how many children you will bring with you when you sign up as well. All proceeds for childcare will go towards the CP Youth summer mission trips. Other than that, all you need to bring is yourselves and plan on having a great time of fun and fellowship! We look forward to seeing you there!
A new marriage mentoring program will be starting soon. Would you and your spouse be interested in learning more about becoming mentors? If so, please let either Herb or Jana Gass know soon (email@example.com or (260) 273-6655). For those of you who have already shared with us your desire to do so, please be watching for more information to come your way in the near future.
Are you looking for a way to give your marriage a boost? If so, we have an opportunity that is too good to pass up! Family Life’s “Weekend to Remember” will be taking place at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown from April 21-23, 2017. There is a Buy One Get One Free (BOGO) promotion going on from Jan. 2 – Jan. 23 when you sign up using the group name/promo code GassFriends.
You can go to www.weekendtoremember.com for more information and also to sign up. See today’s insert!
*Weekend to Remember is a two-and-a-half-day weekend getaway that equips couples with practical tools and resources. Don’t just survive, discover a marriage that THRIVES!